Courtesy Of The Red, White, and Blue

This past week in Milan the weather has been pretty bipolar. One night snow, one day rain, then sun and so on. Any day that I'm no...





This past week in Milan the weather has been pretty bipolar. One night snow, one day rain, then sun and so on. Any day that I'm not having to wear a huge coat, face mask, umbrella and gloves is a blessing. On this particular day the sun decided to grace us with it's benevolent presence. My post fashion week depression / color repression is over and my mood is once again bright and chipper. I was lucky enough to be able to preview the Department5 FW 15/16 men's line and it immediately felt like a welcomed flashback to my high school years.

Growing up on the east coast and having attended private schools one can say I definitely embraced the style of dressing labeled as "PREP". Clothing was meant to look great and be functional and practical. That's why I was drawn to these specific pieces. The color palette of Red, White, and Blue like the American flag and many a nautical motif. This sporty varsity / moto combo of a jacket (also waterproof!). This jumper screaming an ode to the punk rock band The Ramones added a further nostalgia to my younger years (yes I was briefly in a punk rock phase in puberty). Another thing, a problem I find when wearing clothes is that pants are always an issue. I have a rather large ass compared to my european peers so when I put on these pants I expected to half rip them half possibly sterilize myself but I found them to be comfortable and accommodating in ALL problem areas ;) Topping and bottoming my look off are my two favorite things in my wardrobe at the moment, my navy blue leather New Era cap designed by the super cool Spike Lee and my uber comfy Adidas PURE BOOST sneakers. 


If you like this look i'd recommend a gander over to the site to check out all the other cool stuff they got going on! DEPARTMENT5.COM 


x






















WEARING

HAT: New Era x Spike Lee 

JACKET: Department5

JUMPER: Department5

PANTS: Department5

SHOES: Adidas Pure Boost exclusively for Footlocker EU


PH: Francesco Buscemi - WHATSUUUP MILANO


*special thanks to ProBeat Agency and Domingo Communication*

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love your style! Very nice outfit :)

    xoxo,
    http://giustinella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Louis! Love your writing style and good breakdown of the look.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Feeds

Sponsor